Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Evaluation/Reflection on my negative response letter

For the evaluation/reflection assignment, I chose my negative response letter. This assignment was one of my favorite so far from the class because as a business major there may be a chance that I come across a situation like this in in the future.  How I handled the situation in my negative response letter, I would most likely do the same in the future.


Here is the question for my negative response letter




Here is my submission below
I completed this assignment by following an indirect approach to the situation. I chose an indirect approach because in the question it asks for me to keep a further relationship with the customer. I believe an indirect approach would be better suited for the situation than a direct so I don’t upset or drive the customer away. I started the paper showing appreciation to Mr. Weber for staying at our hotel. Then I proceeded to explain in full detail why Central Park enforces a no smoke policy to try and help the customer understand the importance of the no smoke policy. After this, I gave the bad news as easily as I could while being a little strict by saying we still have to enforce the policy. With the bad news paragraph, I tried suggesting an alternative option for the future and left the door open for the customer to return. Then I finished the paper on a good note thanking the customer again.


I think the results of the letter was a success. For the most part, I believe I wrote a professional but friendly letter. I followed the indirect formula as best as I could while answering the question and my grade reflected that.

No comments:

Post a Comment