Monday, April 8, 2019

Assignment Reflection - Resumes

Hey everyone!
            I wanted to take some time to talk about our resumes that we made for class. Resumes are designed to share our work experience, skills, awards, etc. that are relevant to a job we are applying for. They give a quick overall of what we have to offer and, if done right, can lead to an interview or job opportunity. 
            There were two different resumes (chronological and functional) for us to complete. Chronological focuses on your detailed experience as the order of when you would have done it and functional focuses on your experience and doesn’t highlight when it was completed. 
            For our assignment, we were asked to find a job that was interesting to us, but also was relevant to our field that we are studying. I choose a marketing internship at a local technician company.
            As a reflection, I found that I really enjoyed the chronological resume more because it had more style to it and seemed to be easier to read. I think if an employer were to read it, they would have been able to see my skills and work experience easier because of the formatting. This original resume also had some color to it, so it was able to catch someone’s attention easier. I also realized that I should go outside of my “habitat” to gain some new experience and be able to share that on my resume(s). I did notice the work I have been able to do and the accomplishments I have been able to make because of it. Overall, it was a great learning experience for me.
            I think this was a great assignment because it heavily relates to making the right impression the first time. Whenever an employer gets a resume from you, you want to make sure that it looks professional and like you have put time in it. Resumes can really speak for themselves and a great resume can lead to some great future opportunities. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post on resumes. Before we discussed this in class and before reading this post i didn't really know there were different types of resumes. This will definitely help me in the future.

    ReplyDelete